Wednesday, March 7, 2012

To Cricket, or Not to Crick It

Well it's almost been a month since I arrived back under the sun. (Feels like forever!) Speaking of which, damn is it hot. The last few days haven't been as bad because we've had some wind and rain, but the humidity is killer! Anyway.

Michael recently had a gig at the Gabba in Brisbane - where they play cricket - so I decided to tag along. I have one word of advice for you: Don't. Cricket is soooo boring. It's an easy enough day with an air conditioned room and fabric seats, but if you were to buy a ticket and go sit in the sun all day in hard plastic seats? It's just not worth it. So the stadium is crap, but the game is just a lazy man's baseball. But it lasts for 8 hours.

Regardless, I took some pictures.


Afraid of a little rain! 

 More rain. Still afraid.

 But man can they throw...

 The crowd was way more entertained by this ball than any play in the game. But really, who could 
blame 'em!!?

Anywho, the semester has started and I know there's going to be lots of work involved for these classes. Also currently looking for a job - I've applied at a few places already, just hoping to hear back from my favorites sooner than the not-as-favorites.

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment