Saturday, February 26, 2011

We've Only Just Begun


Sorry for the hiatus in posting. I’ve either been busy, too lazy, or had nothing to say. Anyway! A “lot” has happened this week.

On Tuesday I had 5 ½ hours of orientation. Not much happened this day, it was mostly just a big long explanation of what to expect in the course and how the program was structured. We went around the room and introduced every single person, what music they play/listen to, etc. Wednesday was just 2 hours and that was more explaining of the program. On Thursday there were only a couple hours as well, but this is when the exciting things happened! We got to see the studios. There are 4 of them – but only 2 are available to first year students. Reader, I swear to god I could take a nap on the soundboards they have. And the two we don’t have access to just keep getting nicer and nicer as well. If you record and know systems/software (I don’t), we are using Pro Tools.

There is a bunch of information in my head right now, and really it’s just mush at this point. But there were a few neat things. They told us how some people have collaborated with big names (Black Eyed Peas, for example. One girl flew into L.A. for a summer and BEP recorded her song/s), and the bassist from Wolfmother graduated from the BPM program. (He went into the program with a classical background!)

All week it has been “O-Week” at the village, so there have been lots of parties and a decent amount of free food and music. We’ve had DJ’s, live bands, taco’s (ooh they were good), and party after party. So I’ve had a good week overall. Slowly still meeting people, it’s coming together, but I’m also noticing myself getting less and less shy. Still working on it, though.

Classes start tomorrow. I only have 2 hours and it’s not until 3pm. Tuesday I have 3 hours of 3 different classes, my day ends at 6. Wednesday is 6 hours of class from 11am-4pm.

That’s it.

Yeah, I have a pretty awesome schedule. However, hearing about how intensive the program is, I feel I’ll still be at the Uni quite a bit. Recording, practicing, writing, editing, etc.

Speaking of which, I ventured to Australia Fair (shopping centre) all by myself today! I did all right, hah. Nearly got on the wrong bus twice, but that’s why you ask questions! I got a pretty good deal at Billy Hyde music store. Acoustic guitar with picks, tuner, bag, strap and stand (there might be more) for $200ish. Obviously it won’t be the best guitar ever, but I’m happy with it. 


Sticker still on it - it's going to take a lot of effort to get that off. But I hate how it looks on, so it's coming off! 

 Also, I must tune it.

It's a Legacy.

The rest of my night I'll be relaxing. Maybe take a swim tomorrow morning... but yes, in case you're wondering, I'm doin' all right. :)

 XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment