Sunday, April 24, 2011

Writing from the Heart Sucks.

So I missed my first session tonight.


I booked 2 hours at midnight to record guitar for a song I recently wrote. However, 30 minutes before I was going to go in, I had a mini revelation. I became overwhelmed with a feeling that is quite the opposite of what the song I was going to record ("Trickster") is about. The feeling I had came from a real experience, and the song I wrote was directly related, but completely opposite.

It's hard to explain this without telling you an intimate detail of my life, and because this blog is public, I'm trying to be discreet. "Trickster" is about a vice. And not being ashamed of it. It's actually about being almost proud of this vice. But the sudden feeling that came over me was that of sadness, and being hurt.

I just can't bring myself tonight to go in and record that song- it would feel like a betrayal of sorts. 

Yup, I realize how ambiguous I'm being. Sorry.

I hate it when people don't show up for bookings- so I guess from now on I can't complain about it. But because of this, I've set myself on an even more strict timetable. It was only 2 hours so I don't think it will hurt me too much. If I can't write a song to counter Trickster, then I will go ahead with it anyway.

Probably for the best anyway. I'm tired. And walking alone at 2am on the Easter holidays probably isn't the safest thing to do. Time for bed, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment