Sunday, October 16, 2011

Overdue Update

Yes, it's been way too long. I haven't really got an excuse, but I hope you'll forgive me anyway. Last you heard from me, I had finished the semester and was about to go to Hawaii to see Mom. This vacation = awesome. It's been on facebook, but in case you haven't seen, here are some photos: Click!

So the new semester is almost over - just a couple weeks left. The beginning was really slow, and the last half they've just piled on assignment over assignment. So I've been busy.

One class I've got is called Live Performance Project. My band is performing on Wednesday, so think good thoughts! It's been hectic trying to get everyone together and practice. We only formulated an official setlist on Friday, and we've got 1, maybe 2 practices left. No pressure. All of the performances are video taped and put online, so I should have a link for you eventually. I don't know if the whole thing will go up or just a few parts, but we'll find out!

My writer's block hasn't really stopped, either, which is unfortunate. I've written maybe three new ones that I actually like, and two will be in next semester's folio.

Nothing much exciting has happened in the last few months. For anyone who listens to dance music (doubtful anyone reading this has), I saw LMFAO at a club a few weeks back. A pretty fun time if you're into that kind of thing. Their main goal was to get the audience drunk - it's quite a sight watching teenagers open their mouth and get heaps of straight vodka poured in. (I was not one of these, don't worry). Other than this, a few beaches and local gigs, I haven't done a whole lot. Uni has taken up most of my time, the rest is occupied by sleep, and a bit of the boyfriend and friends.

So, since I still have nothing exciting to say, here are some photos from the shoot that my live performance band had. (Some of my favorites, though perhaps not the best for promotion!)

My lovely, silly mates. 









Good looking, no?











We have serious photos, but where's the fun in that?




Perfect.




Josh King (Rhythm guitar), Michael Cole (Lead guitar), Me (lead vocalist), Nick Rigby (Bass), James Jelliffe (Drums)










Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment