Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Shopping Trip

Yesterday was a wonderful day.

The day started as normal, woke up, chatted online for a bit. I went to the office to inquire about the roaches (I've seen 2 now), but to quote a lady in the office: "Get used to it." I guess to see one or two every now and then is pretty normal around here, and unless it increases, I should just leave it be. Perhaps once winter comes there won't be as many, because they like the heat, so I guess... I'll get used to it!


Yesterday the village put on a BBQ. I went down and sat by myself. People smiled but didn't seem to want to actually introduce themselves. Then who comes up behind me? The guy who waved while I was reading my book! He has been here a month already so he knows a few people, and introduced me to some of them at the bbq. To make a long story short, we ended up spending the whole day together. He was my guide to go shopping, and helped me shop; Learned (a very little chunk) of how to use the bus system here; and once we got back, spent the evening just hanging out. I think yesterday was very good for me. It really helped that it wasn't just a group of people that I somewhat got along with, it was one-on-one human interaction with someone who I got along with really well.

Here starts another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment