Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today's the Day!

10:00am: All right, so no picture today of my suitcases. I have just been SO busy getting ready.

But the day has come, and in 30 short minutes I'll be driving out of this driveway for the last time! (..for awhile..) Hopefully I can keep it together at the airport and things will go smoothly. I'll have more to say in a few days - I'm expecting a LOT more! 

I wanted to have something to show you, so here's a look at their 20 and 50 dollar bill. So cool.




Ttfn!

2:20pm: Sitting at the Fredericton airport, waiting to board. Had a lovely lunch with my brother, mom, and Joyce. After we started the drive to the airport I could feel my stomach turning and turning. Hey, there are the nerves! Finally! My heartbeat has been racing ever since I heard an airplane fly overhead. Every time I have seen an airplane since I was accepted to Griffith, I always thought about the trip to Australia. Every time. And now, here I am. It's still so unbelievable that I'm actually starting this journey.

Saying my farewells just kept getting harder and harder, and of course, saved the hardest for last. But I'm keeping my mind off the leaving and trying to focus on the being. (If that makes sense.)

Love all around-

2:56am (NB Time): Oh my God. I am only in Vancouver. That last flight was 4.5 hours long and I nearly went crazy -- how am I EVER going to do another 10-15!!? :P Being stuck in the middle seat realllly sucks. If the people beside you are sleeping or engaged in something, they really don't like it when you have to go the bathroom. Plus it's not as easy to get some leg room. I may be small, but I love to take up space and it's just not in the cards this time ;P

I love flying. I love traveling. But nobody in their right minds enjoys being in a squished airplane sitting down for hours on end. I think when I arrive, I'm just going to go for a freakin' jog haha. Move my body and get the blood pumping.

It's so strange - maybe it's all the books I've been reading, but each takeoff and landing, and every wait I've had to do, there's a narrator in my head, it's telling a beautiful story! About the clouds and how it pertains to my train of thought. I wish I was able to have my laptop out in those times, when inspiration is at its best... I guess I'll settle for the silent soliloquy that's just for me.

The pilot told us it's a 45 minute wait here. I'm going to peek my head around the corners for any source of food - wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so excited for you! Right about now (10am NB time), you're probably over the Pacific somewhere! Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete