Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy Week Ahead

Yesterday I realized how busy my week is turning out to be.

Last night I stayed at the Uni pretty late ('til 11pm) doing what I could to bring my iMovie project close to done. It took me an hour to figure out how to get a video on there, but as soon as I did (and it happened by accident) I was out pretty quickly. I then had planned to wake up at 6:00 to be at the uni by 6:30 so I could record my voiceover and finish it. My body decided to wake up at 5:30, so I got ready and was actually out by 6:30. That felt pretty good. I'm going to go in after I'm done everything today and upload it to youtube. So that link will be coming soon.

After my class today, there is a vocal workshop which I'll be attending. It's 2 hours long. This is every Wednesday and hopefully it's helpful enough that I'll attend each week. After this there is a creative music workshop until 8, however that's a bit late for me. I may do it in the future, but today I ordered pizza that's to come at 7. I'm sure I can make other arrangements, but I won't stress about that today.

Tomorrow there isn't a whole lot going on. My usual morning is laundry and swim and get some sun. In the evening, one of my friends invited me into the studio with him. If the offer still stands I will take him up on that. Even if I don't get time to record anything of my own, it would be good to get in the studio and watch somebody go through the process of recording something. Thursday's also St. Patty's. I have no plans to celebrate, but I'm sure the village will be louder than ever.

Friday I hope I can muster up the energy to go to the shopping center. There's quite a few things I still need to get for my program, as well as for Sunday. Otherwise, it'll be just another day.

Saturday I have my own studio time booked. 3 hours from 6 until 9. I'm hoping it doesn't take me this long to figure everything out, but just in case! I'll be going alone I think. Going to record an acoustic song. Wish me luck on that...

Sunday is quite an exciting day. The Village has organized a hike in Purling Brook Falls. I've been looking for stuff to do on the internet but it's either too far away or too expensive. This is a cheap trip and most things provided! I'll take my digital camera and my video camera. If I don't get too many weird looks I'll even try to get some underwater footage! (We'll see.)

Other than that, not a whole lot has been happening. Starting 2 days ago, every other Monday I'll be taking Spanish lessons put on by an RA here at the village. So far I've learned how to introduce myself, say my name, age, where I'm from, where I go to school and what I study, what I enjoy doing, and how to tell somebody "I speak a bit of Spanish." The structure is very similar to french, which makes it a little easier to understand, although I haven't got the accent down yet. It'll come, I'm sure.

That's all the important things I have to say. But I want to leave you with the experience I had this morning:

I was tired, but I had class at 11, so I woke up again at 9 and had a shower. Because of the incredible amount of bugs around here, I always shake my puff to make sure there's no bugs in there. Showers are generally relaxing, so I was pretty calm. I started to soap up my puff and an inch away from my thumb a little tiny head popped out right below a soap line.
A BUG. WAS IN. MY PUFF. Naturally, I threw it down and just soaped up my hands. Yeesh, my hands didn't stop shaking until I was dressed. I now have to think of a new method of getting rid of bugs in my puff. Maybe close it in a baggie every time..... O, woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment